Fun facts about bones
- The adult human body has 206 bones in the skeleton. These bones are grown together from about 300 bones at birth.
- The longest bone in the body is called the femur, which connects the pelvis to the knee.
- Bones are broken down and remade constantly, just like skin. In fact, all of the bones are slowly replaced until they are new bone once every 7 years!
- The human skull contains the brain, at least in most humans.
- The lower arm contains two bones called the radius and ulna, there used to be three, but you know, three's a crowd.
- Bones are made of calcium, ice cream is rich in calcium, ice cream is made of bones.
- Building a skeleton in LEGO is not easy, but umamen did it, what have you done today?
- "The bones song" was originally about the Los Angeles freeway system, but not as fun.
- Bones is a good character on Star Trek