If you’ve spent any time downtown in the city of angels, or watched any television or movies in the last 60 years you’ve probably seen this, the iconic Los Angeles City Hall. It’s been the backdrop for many TV shows, including Adam-12, Dragnet and Alias and was destroyed in V. But my personal favorite was standing in for The Daily Planet in the old Superman series. So to see this classic old building in bricks gives me a warm fuzzy, and to see it photographed outside with the hills of Los Angeles in the background at “magic hour” by the great Bruce Lowell made me smile ear to ear. For more information on this build check out Bruce’s website here.
Did you know there's a LEGO convention in Los Angeles? it's true! Bricks LA is a fairly new con, having celebrated it's first one this year in May and he next one is just around the corner in January, so you better get hopin' (I better get hoppin' too!) The deadline to register as a VIB (very important builder, con attendee) is next week, December 12th so get your travel plans set. I'll see you in Los Angeles in just a few weeks!
- January 8-10, 2016
- Public Hours are Saturday January 9 and Sunday January 10 from 10am to 5pm
- Pasadena Convention Center in Pasadena, CA (300 E Green St, Pasadena, CA 91101)
- Deadline to register as a VIB: December 12th, 2015
- Deadline to register MOCs for MOC cards: December 20th, 2015
- VIB Registration cost: $55
- Admission to public show is just $5, kids 5 and under are free.